All scouts pursuing the Citizenship in the Nations MB should be at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library this Sunday (June 9, 2013) at 1:00 pm to work with Mr. Brownley on key requirements. Plan on being at the Library for four hours. You will need to purchase an admittance ticket.
Mr. Brownley is expecting that each scout have the following completed (or at minimum in the process).
- Scouts should watch the news sources for five days and then write a letter to a representative about a national topic
- Read the
- Declaration of Independence
- U.S. Constitution
- Bill of rights
- Constitutional Amendments
- Gettysburg Address
Mr. Brownley has purposely asked an open question about the difference between a citizen and a resident, hoping that the scouts will get some ideas about the differences and perhaps spark conversations with others.
The other questions the scouts should start thinking about which Mr. Brownley will be asking:
- Which Amendment is the most important
- Which Amendment is different in its basic approach compared to all the other Amendments
- What would be a good Amendment to add